Second Generation of European Migrants - 2GEM
2GEM is the acronym of Second Generation of European Migrants project, a KA204 Strategic Partnerships for adult education, within the Erasmus+ programme.
The main goal of the 2GEM project is to equip second-generation migrants with skills, competences, and knowledge necessary to act as intercultural workers within their community by building on their unique cultural assets. As such, they will be able to serve as a link between the migrant community and local people, thereby contributing to better integration of the newcomers, and the first-generation migrants.
The objectives of the project are:
- Improving and extending the supply of high quality learning opportunities
- Extending and developing the competences of educators and other
personnel who support adult learners;
- Social inclusion: equipping immigrants with the necessary skills to achieve successful integration, a central concern of policy-makers in the EU and beyond.
The target group of the project:
The primary target groups (TGs) of the project are the second generation migrants and refugees , and 1.5 which refers to the people who immigrated to the new country before or during their early teens, living or intending to live in Finland, Bulgaria, Poland, Italy, Czech Republic, and the United Kingdom.
The topics that the project addresses are:
– Inclusion – equity
– Integration of refugees
– New innovative curricula/educational methods/development of training courses
For the results, stay in tune here: https://2gem.eu/project/ and: https://www.facebook.com/2GEMproject
The most relevant tangible products are:
- Repository of Resources on 1.5
and 2nd Generation of Migrants
- Comparative Map of Approaches
to the Intercultural Work
- Guide for Educators
- Training Program for
Intercultural Workers with Migrant Background
- 2GEM MOOC “How to valorize and
use 1.5 and second generation unique culture.